Each year, the Missouri River Runners club is pleased to be able to award a one time, $500 scholarship to a deserving senior.
Please review ALL qualifications below.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior from a tri-state area high school in good academic standing.
- Applicant must be involved in at least one of the following: High School Track, Cross Country, participant or volunteer at MRR events.
- Applicant must have applied and been accepted to a College, University or Vocational School of his or her choice. Applicant need not participate in college athletics.
- Applicant must be a current Missouri River Runner member.
- Applicant need not participate in college athletics.
The Missouri River Runners president will appoint a five-member committee from the current board. The scholarship committee will screen applications with all decisions being final. Scholastic achievement will be the deciding factor with all other factors being equal. The committee will notify the recipient(s) by letter within 30 days from the submission deadline. Receiving this award should not keep applicants from applying for and accepting other scholarships, loans, grants or other aid.
Completed application form must be accompanied with the following:
- High School Transcript (through 7 semesters)
- Essay—What Role has running played life? Goals, Challenges, Accomplishments etc. (450 Words+)
- Copy of acceptance letter to College, University, or Vocational School.
- One recommendation letter from an influential person in your life.
Must be postmarked by March 31st, 2016.
Missouri River Runners
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 1582
Sioux City, IA 51102